Disclaimer: I received a BodyHelix knee and thigh compression sleeve to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
I have been using the body helix compression sleeves for a few weeks. I will break my review down into how it compares to what I have used in the past. Hands down these are the best things inhave used to date. You can get yours with discount code BH15BR; good for anything on their site!
I have tried store brand and leading name brand compression sleeves in the past. The problem I have with the other guys is that they dont provide the appropriate degree of compression! I dont think the off brands offer medical-grade compression in the range of 20-30 millimeters of mercury. I had never thought to look before now.
- My BodyHelix keeps my knee warm!
- My BodyHelix doesn’t stink (yet)
- My BodyHelix doesn’t say or drop
- My BodyHelix doesn’t loose effectiveness over time
- The Thigh Helix doesn’t have specific enough directions for me. (I would like to know how high above my knee the sleeve should rest.)
- The knee sleeve has a seam which runs a bit the longer I wear it.
Something I didn’t mention earlier. I was surprised and delighted that my BodyHelix heats up. It really feels good! I know ice is part of the R.I.C.E acronym; but boy does it feel good when I use the sleeve for recovery and it heats up!
When looking for support there are also products like tape. I use tape a lot.
I hurt my knee a few years back and I have taped it up for support ever since. I’m sure I should have seen a doctor; but that’s the past. Since getting my compression sleeves I have used less tape. Granted, during the race I was training for I used tape; leading up to the race I used the compression sleeves exclusively!
My decision to race in the tape vs the sleeve was 100% rooted in my need to be confident. I was a pace setter at this race and I needed to be on my game.
- It takes a lot less time to put on a sleeve.
- I don’t have to cut or augment my sleeve.
- I will never run out of supplies when I am wearing a sleeve (had to grab that CVS brand tape the night before a race once.)
- My BodyHelix doesn’t leave a mark when I remove it from my skin (bandaid style…)
- I don’t have to shave when I use my BodyHelix.
- I have to buy multiple sleeves for different ailments.
- I can’t always color coordinate my outfits because my sleeve is always the same color.
All in all I am really happy with my compression sleeves.
The thigh sleeve was surprisingly helpful! I shouldn’t say surprisingly. But it returned a lot of energy. I felt super springy and was impressed with how well it worked.
I can’t speak highly enough about the knee sleeve. Its fantastic
You should get yours at the BodyHelix website with a sweet discount! Use code BH15BR.